1 cup Wheat flour
1/2 cup All purpose flour
1 tbsp Corn starch
1 1/2 cup Jaggery powder
1/2 cup Walnuts
1/2 stick Butter (room temperature)
1 1/4 cup Fresh orange juice
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 1/2 tsp Orange zest
a pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 3500F. Line the muffin pan with paper liners.
- First sieve the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep it aside.
- Take orange and grate the outer portion of orange.
- In a bowl take jaggery, sugar and butter stick. Mix it well. Now add orange juice to the jaggery bowl. Fold the ingredients. Add walnut pieces and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and fold until the batter is thick. Don't over mixing the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
Note: If you don't want to add jaggery, add 1 1/2 cup sugar or 1 cup jaggery +1/2 cup sugar.