This month my partner is Mayuri of mayurisjikoni for shhhh cooking challenge. She gave me flour and beetroot. She told to me make something for valentine. I am thinking about that. Finally I got the cake recipe. The heart shape baking plate is in my handy. Thank you Mayuri to give such a wonderful ingredients…
1 ¼ cup All purpose Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 ½ tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
¼ tsp Salt
1 cup Beetroot puree
1 cup Curd
1/3 cup Oil
1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Peel the beetroot and grate it.
- Take all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Take another bowl add wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour this into the bowl with dry ingredients and combine well.
- Divide the batter in to tins. Bake for 1800C / 3500F for 20 to 25 mins. Insert a toothpick into the centre.
- If it comes out clean, they are done. Cool it completely.