Sakinalu is a traditional snack in Telangana region. It is prepared during Makar Sankranti, weddings and any other occasion.
Soaking time – 5 hrs
Preparation time – 2 hour
Make 20 – 25 Sakinalu, depending on sizes.
Raw rice – 2 cups
Sesame seeds / Nuvvulu – ¼ cup
Ajwain / Oma – 2 Tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 4 – 5 hrs.
- Drain the water. Dry the rice on thin cloth for 25 mins. Grind it as fine powder.
- In a large bowl add flour, ajwain, sesame seeds, salt and mix well.
- Now add water slowly to get proper consistency.
- The dough should not be too watery or to thick.
- Take a bowl of water and wet your hands.
- Take small quantity of the dough and make round thin circles on a cloth
- The cloth will absorb the water in the flour.
- Leave it for some time.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, deep fry the sakinalu.
If you want spicy sakinalu, just grind red chillies and mix with rice flour.
Traditional & Native Recipes@ Sara,
New "U"@ Cooksjoy,
Cook Like a Celebrity Chef,
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop : 135 : 1/22/2013,
Akila's Dish Name Starts with S.