Kakarakaya / Karela / Bitter Gourd – 6
Oil to fry
To make Powder
Roasted chana dal / Putnalu - 3/4 cup
Sesame seeds / Nuvvulu dry roasted - 1/4 cup
Garlic pods – 10
Red chilli powder – 3 Tsp
Dessicated coconut powder – ½ cup
(According to your taste)
- Cut the karela into round thin slices. Spread on a plate. Leave it for 2 hrs.
- Heat oil in a pan, deep fry the karela pieces until it turns crispy on medium flame. Strain the pieces.
- Fry the curry leaves in oil.
To make powder
- In a mixi jar add all ingredients listed under powder and make a powder.
- Transfer this powder in a clean bowl and add fried karela pieces. Mix well.
- Store it in an air tight container.