Rice flour – 1 ½ – 2 cups
Sugar – ¾ cup
Elachi powder – 1 tsp
Dry coconut powder – ½ cup
Almonds – ¼ cup
Ghee – 3 Tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry the almonds and remove it.
- To the same pan, add coconut pieces and fry it.
For Rice Flour
- Soak rice in water for overnight.
- Next day morning drain the rice.
- Spread the rice on the cloth and dry it for 30 mins.
- Grind the soaked rice for fine paste. Sieve the powder.
For Unda Paakam/Strong Consistency
- In a bowl add sugar water and mix well.
- Allow them to boil to get unda paakam or strong consistency.
- For checking the consistency
- Take some water in a plate, add a drop of sugar solution.
- Using your fingers roll it as small ball.
- If the ball is formed, it is the correct consistency.
- Remove the sugar pan from heat, add almonds, coconut pieces along with ghee and mix well.
- Add rice flour little by little and keep stirring after every addition.
- At the end, keep stirring for 5 mins. Transfer it to a bowl.
Gayathri's WTML event hosted by Hema,
Foodabulous Fest Event organised by Simply TADKA,
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop 142: 3/12/2013.
Swathi's Traditional Indian Sweets and Giveaway by 27 Coupons,
Cook like a Celebrity Chef event by Food Corner,
Authentic Indian Sweets hosted by Nivedhanam.