1 full Fresh coconut
1 cup Peanuts
1/4 cup Chana dal
2 Tsp Urad dal
To taste Green chilies
1 inch piece Ginger
3 Garlic cloves
2 tsp Tamarind thick paste
1 tsp Oil
To taste Salt
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 dry red chillies
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and red chillies.
- In a pan dry roast the peanuts, chana dal, urad dal one by one.
- Add oil to the pan and roast the chillies for 1 minute. Transfer it to the dals plate.
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 pieces and add it to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Add ginger and garlic pieces to the tomato pan and leave it for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the dals and chillies to the mixi jar and make a powder.
- Now add tomatoes, coconut pieces, tamarind paste, salt and make a paste. Take into a bowl. Transfer it to the chutney. Serve with dosa, rice.