Rice – 1 cup
Watermelon white part – 2 ½ - 3 cups
Oats - 1/2 cup
Jeera – 1 tsp
Chana dal – 2 tsp
(Soak in water)
Onion chopped (small) - 1
Green chillies chopped - 4
Ginger Chopped – small piece
Coriander leaves chopped – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 string
Salt to taste
- Soak rice in water for 4 hours and drain water completely. Grind rice, salt, chopped watermelon white part and oats without any water.
- If the batter is too thick add little more white part and grind.
- The batter should be little thinner than idli batter consistency.
- Now add finely chopped onion, green chilli, jeera, coriander leaves, chana dal, ginger and curry leaves to the batter and mix well.
- Keep this aside for about 15 minutes so that all the flavors blend well.
- Heat paniyaram tawa, apply little oil and pour a ladle full of batter in the holes. Cover with lid. Cook both sides.
- Serve hot with chutney.