Moong dal / Pesarapappu – 1 ½ cup
Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
Green chillies chopped – 3
Tomato pieces – ½ cup
Onion – 1 medium
Water – 3 ½ cups
Red chilli powder -2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Red chillies dry – 5
Onion chopped – ¼ cup
Garlic pieces - 3
Curry leaves -10
Hing a pinch
Oil – 2 tsp
- Add washed dal, cauliflower, water, green chilli pieces, onion, and turmeric powder to a wide pan.
- Keep it on a flame. Cook on medium flame. It may take 20 mins.
- When starts boiling, add oil. It will prevent the overflowing and dal cook fast.
- Add chopped onion, chilli powder and cook for 5 mins.
- Remove from the flame, add salt and mash it.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it.
- Add this temper to the dal and mix well.
- Serve with rice or roti.
Gayathri's WTML event hosted by Hema,
Cook like a Celebrity Chef event by Food Corner,
Cooking With Seeds - Dals.