Kakarakaya / Karela / Bitter Gourd – 6
Garlic – 2 whole
Red chilli powder – 3 Tsp
Dessicated coconut powder – ½ cup
(According to your taste)
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
- Cut the Karela into round shape.
- In a bowl add Karela pieces, Salt, Turmeric powder and mix well. Leave it for 1 hr.Squeeze the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan, deep fry the Karela pieces until it turns crispy on low flame. Strain the pieces.
- Fry the curry leaves in oil.
- In a mixi jar add garlic, chilli powder, curry leaves, salt and make slight coarse powder.
- Now mix the coconut powder with ground coarse powder.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in the pan, add ground mixture to it.
- Keep stirring on low flame for 5 mins. Add fried Karela pieces and mix well.
- Remove from flame and cool it completely.
- Store it in an air tight container.