Rice – 1 cup
Moong dal / Pesara pappu – ½ cup
Peppercorns – 20
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Water – 3 cups
Salt to taste
- In a pan dry roast the dal. Keep it aside.
- Add rice, moong dal and wash twice with water.
- Transfer it to a pressure cooker, add water and salt.
- Close it with lid for 3 whistles.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin allow them to splutter.
- Add peppercorns and fry for 2 mins.
- Pour this tempering on the rice and mix well.
Sara's Dish in 30 Minutes,
Siris Food Flavours,
WTML @ Gayathriscookspot.