Rice – 1 cup
Moong dal / Pesara pappu – ½ cup
Milk – 2 cups
Ghee – 3 Tsp
Elachi powder – 1 tsp
Jaggery – 1 ½ to 2 cups
Dry coconut pieces – ½ cup
Cashew nut – ¼ cup
Water – 2 ½ cups
- In a bowl add rice, moong dal and wash it.
- Heat ghee in a pan, roast the coconut pieces for 2 mins. Remove the pieces.
- To the same pan add cashew nut and fry for 1 min. Keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker add rice, moong dal and water. Cook for 3 whistles.
- After pressure releases add jaggery and mix well.
- Keep it on medium flame and cook for 10 mins.
- Add milk and cook until the mixture becomes little bit thick.
- Add ghee, coconut pieces, cashew nut and mix well. Serve.
Gayathri's WTML event hosted by Hema,
Foodabulous Fest Event organised by Simply TADKA,
Traditional Indian Sweets Event @ Zesty South Indian Kitchen,
South Indian Cooking Event hosted by Simply Tadka,
Cook like a Celebrity Chef event by Food Corner,
Vimitha's Hearty and Healthy,
Akila's Dish Name Starts with S,
Authentic Indian Sweets event hosted by Nivedhanam.