This month challenge is Chocolate Chiffon Cake. The cake is really tastes good. Thank you so much Swathi & Julie for giving this recipe.
1 cup Cake flour
2 tbsp (1/8 cup) Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
6 tbsp Granulated sugar
3 Eggs (whites & yolks separated)
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar (optional)
3 tbsp Brewed coffee (I used nescafe)
2 tbsp (1/8 cup) Oil
3 oz Semi sweet chocolate
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Corn syrup light
2 tbsp (1/8 cup) White sugar
1 tbsp Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Instant coffee powder
1/2 cup Cold heavy whipping cream
Cake flour preparation:
- Take 1 cup of all purpose flour. Remove 2 tbsp of flour, add 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- Crack the eggs. Place whites in one bowl and yolks in another bowl. Bring them to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 3250F.
- In a large bowl add flour, cocoa powder, Half sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks, coffee powder or water, oil and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the wet ingredients and fold well until smooth.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until soft peaks. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks.
- Pour the batter into the 8 inch greased pan. Smooth the top and bake in an oven for 30 to 35 mins or until the inserted knife comes out clean.
- Immediately removing from the oven, invert the cake upside down. Let it cool for 1 hour.
- Cut the cake horizontally. Place the bottom layer on your serving plate and spread the 3/4 cup of mocha filling.
- Place the top layer on the filling.
- Pour the chocolate glaze over the top of cake letting it flow down the sides.
- Spread the glaze over the sides of the cake with knife.
- Place the rest of the mocha filling in a piping bag and decorate the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake overnight before serving.
- Boil the water in a wide pan. Let it boil.
- Add chocolate, butter, corn syrup in a stainless steel bowl.
- Place the steel bowl in a boiled water. Stir well.
- When it melts, remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Place your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, coffee powder, vanilla, 2 tbsp cream in a bowl. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Then add reset of the cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
Swathi's Baking Partner's Challenge.