Chana dal / Senaga pappu – 2 tbsp
Urad dal / Mina pappu – 2 tbsp
Dry red chillies / Yendu mirchi – ½ cup
Jeera / Jeelakarra – 1 tsp
Coriander seeds / Dhaniyalu – ¼ cup
Curry leaves / Karivepaku – 10 to 15 leaves
Tamarind – goose berry size
Garlic pods / Velluli rebbalu – 6
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add chillies, chana dal, urad dal, jeera and fry for 10 mins on low flame.
- Add curry leaves and fry for 3 mins. Cool it
- Transfer it to the mixi jar, add garlic, salt and grind it.
- Add tamarind and grind it as smooth powder. Cool it completely.
- Transfer it to the dry air tight container. It can be store for 15 to 20 days.
- Serve with rice and ghee or any breakfast.