Adapted from here
Orange Peels - 2 medium fruits
Sugar - 2 1/2 cups
Water - 2 cups for syrup + more for boiling
Sugar powder - 1 cup
- Wash and pat dry the oranges. Cut the top and bottom of the fruit.
- Slice the outside peel into four pieces. Using the knife, peel the white part from the fruit.
- Cut the peel into thin strips. Add water to the pan and bring it to boil.
- Add the peels to a pan. Boil for 5 mins, then drain and rinse well.
- Repeat this process for 2 more times. Drain the peel and rinse well.
- Now add sugar and 2 cups water to the pan and bring it to boil, stir well.
- When the sugar dissolves, reduce the flame. Add the orange peels. Reduce the flame and leave for 1 to 1 1/2 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the orange peels from the syrup and Spread on a plate.
- Now sprinkle the powdered sugar. Toss until evenly coated. Leave on a sheet for 24 hrs.
Note: If you like lemon peels. Do the same process.