This month challenge is to make tart and scones. These are suggested by Archana of The Mad Scientist's Kitchen. Thank you so much Swathi and Archana for sharing this recipe with us. I was choosen Scones. These are savoury scones and yummy with tea.
They are really tastes good.
Adapted from here.
225 gms + extra for dusting self rising flour
1 1/2 tsp english mustard powder
A pinch salt
A pinch pepper
50 gms butter, chilled and cubed
100 gms cheddar, grated
1 tbsp dried oregano + 1/2 tbsp
100 ml curds / yogurt
50 ml water 1 tbsp oil, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 2200C. Grease the tin and dust with flour.
- Whip the curd and measure. Adjust the water and whip it to get a smooth mixture. This will give you 150 ml of buttermilk.
- From this mixture, take 1 tbsp and set aside. This is for brushing the scones.
- Mix flour, mustard powder, salt, pepper in a bowl.
- Rub butter with your hands till the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Now add the 1/2 if the cheese and 1 tbsp oregano.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the buttermilk.
- Quickly stir and mix well till the mixture forms soft and spongy dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead until to get smooth dough.
- Roll into 3 cms thick circle. Cut the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Transfer to a baking tin. Brush them with a buttermilk and sprinkle remaining cheese and oregano.
- Bake for 20 minutes until they are golden and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Serve warm with butter.
An InLinkz Link-up