Chickpeas - 1 cup
Capsicum finely chopped - 1
Tomato finely chopped - 2 medium
Onion - 1 big
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green chilli slits - 3
Homemade garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 2 Tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Butter - 2 tsp
1) Pressure cook the chickpeas along with 3 cups of water, salt for 3 whistles. Drain the water and keep it
2) Heat oil and butter in a pan, add mustard seeds allow them to splutter. Add cumin seeds, onions and
saute for till transparent.
3) Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and saute for few seconds.
4) Add capsicum and fry for 2 minutes. Add turmeric powder, salt and saute for 4 minutes.
5) Add tomatoes and saute until soft. Add chickpeas and mix for 5 minutes.
6) Add sambar powder, garam masala powder and left over water. Bring it to boil. Add mashed chickpeas (2 - 3 tbsp), beaten curd and mix well. Leave it for 20 minutes on low flame.
7) Squeeze lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with roti.