Finely chopped onion – 2 cups
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Pudina – ½ cup
Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Lime juice – ½ piece
Food color / Saffron strings soaked in milk.
Butter – ½ stick
Oil – 3 Tsp
For chicken marination
Chicken – 2 lbs / 1 kg
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 4 Tsp
Green chillies – 5
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Lime juice – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Marinate chicken and leave it for 2 hours.
Rice – 3 cups
Water – 5 cups
Whole garam masala – 2 Tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 30 mins.
- In a bowl add water and bring it to boil.
- Add whole garam masala, drained rice, salt and cook until ¾ done.
- In a pan heat butter and oil.
- Add onion and fry till it becomes brown color.
- Take some fried onions and keep it aside.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the onion pan and fry for 2 mins.
- Add marinated chicken and mix well.
- Cover it with lid and cook until half cooked.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, Add drained and cooked rice for bottomed layer.
- Above that add cooked chicken, above that fried onion pieces, pudina leaves, coriander leaves.
- Above that cooked rice, chicken, fried onions, pudina, coriander leaves.
- The upper layer must be rice. Sprinkle dissolved food colour / saffron milk.
- Cover it with lid. Attach the lid and pan with Wheat flour dough.
- By this way it can’t release steam.
- Cook on low flame for 30 – 45 mins.
- After 30 mins remove the lid, Mix well. Serve.
Cook like a Celebrity Chef event by Food Corner.