Tindora/Dondakaya – ½ kg
Onion chopped – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Jaggery/Bellam – 1tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Roasted sesame seeds – 3 tsp
Roasted Peanut – 3 tsp
Roasted Poppy seeds – 3 tsp
Red chillies dry – 5
Walnuts – 3 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Bengal gram/Senaga pappu – 2 tsp
Urad dal/ Mina pappu – 2 tsp
Tamarind gooseberry size
(Soaked in water)
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Curry leaves -10
Oil – 2 tsp
For Tindora/ Dondakaya
- Preheat oven to 3500C.
- Cut the both ends for tindora.
- Cut the tindora upto ¾ part longitudinally and horizontally. Don’t cut upto last.
- Apply 1 tsp oil to tindora and keep it in oven for 10 mins. Turn it.
- Again keep it for 10 mins.
- Dry roast peanuts, sesame seeds, poppy seeds separately.
- Heat oil in a pan roast bengal gram, urad dal for 2 mins.
- Add red chillies and fry for 2 mins. Cool it.
- Transfer all these ingredients to a mixi jar and grind it.
- Add soaked tamarind to the jar and make smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it.
- Add onion and fry until it turns to color change.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 mins.
- Add grounded paste and fry for 2 mins.
- Add required water to the pan. Allow it to boil.
- Add fried tindora, salt to the above pan.
- Let it cook for 20 mins on low medium flame.
- Add jaggery powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Leave it for 2 mins.
- Serve with roti or rice.
If you don't have oven, deep fry in oil.
Gayathri's WTML event hosted by Hema,
Cook like a Celebrity Chef by Food Corner,
Akila's Dish Name Starts with S.