Thanks Swathi and Sweatha for sharing this recipe with us. It is yummy taste. Today is my Blog First Anniversary. I am so happy. On this day I am sharing this cheese cake with you.
For the crust
Digestive biscuits or any other fairly plain sweet biscuits crushed – 160 gms or 1 ½ cups
Salted butter chopped – 100 gms or ½ cup
Fine sugar or powdered sugar – 160 gm or 1 cup
Thick full cream yogurt – 800 gms or 3 cups
Paneer cheese or cottage cheese – 400 gms or 2 cups
Water – 375 ml or 1 ½ cup
China grass or Agar Agar – 10 gm
(Use 15 gm if you want a cheesecake that won’t crumble at all)
Pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Mango puree – ½ cup
Chocolate chips – 1 ½ cup
- Place the yogurt in cheesecloth lined colander over a container and allow to drain overnight to get half the quantity thick yogurt.
Prepare the crust
- Place all the biscuits in a ziploc or plastic bag.
- Beat the biscuits with rolling pin until the biscuits are powdered.
- Once this done put the biscuits in a large mixing bowl.
- Put in the butter and with the help of a pastry blender or with your hands rub the butter into the biscuits until the mixture is well mixed
- Add biscuits in a food processor until fine add butter and process again until the mixture is properly blended.
- Remove the mixture and press it evenly into the base of an 8” deep round spring form pan or any pan with a removable bottom or a 9” regular round pan.
- Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator.
For the filling
- Break the china grass into small pieces and soak in 1 ½ cup water for about 10 minutes until it becomes soft.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender add the strained yogurt, paneer and
- Process until smooth and creamy. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- In another saucepan place the china grass and water mixture. Stir on low heat until it melts completely, about 5 to 6 minutes. Do not allow this to boil.
- After completely melts, Pour the hot china grass solution into the hot mango puree, Stirring all the while.
- Slowly add the mango mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture, stir in the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat well with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips and blend well.
- Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, level with a spoon and chill in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours or in freezer for 2 hours.
Swathi's Baking Partners Challenge.
Viji's Soul Food Show & Give away.
Summer Special Event hosted by Savaadhjevana,
Tangy Mind Celebrates 1st Anniversary.
MJ's Celebrating Blog's 2nd Anniversary & Giveaway.