Kakarakaya/Karela chopped – 1 cup
Pesara pappu/Moong dal – ½ cup
(Soak in water for 3 hours and drain it)
Tomato chopped – 1
Onion chopped – 1 big
Fresh coconut pieces – ¼ cup
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Jaggery – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Green chilli chopped – 4
Curry leaves – 10
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
- Cut the Karela into 1 inch pieces. In a bowl add Karela pieces,
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it.
- Add onion and fry until color change.
- Add Karela pieces, moong dal and fry until half cooked. Add tomato and saute for 5 mins.
- Add coconut pieces, jaggery and water. Leave it for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle coriander powder and mix well for 2 mins.
- Serve with roti.
Gayathri's WTML event hosted by Radhika,
Pari's 'ONLY' with Legumes hosted by Nalini,
Viji's Soul Food Show & Give away,
Foodabulous Fest Event organised by simply Tadka and hosted by Pramitha love cooking.