Vermicelli / semiya – 1 cup
Sabudana / Saggubiyyam – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Ghee – 2 tsp
Milk – 2 cups
Water – 5 cups
Coconut powder – ¼ cup
Dry fruits for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry dry fruits and keep it aside.
- To the same pan, add vermicelli and roast. Keep it aside.
- Apply oil to the sabudana. Mix well.
- Boil water in a pressure cooker, add sabudana and close it with lid for 2 whistles.
- When pressure releases, add vermicelli and cook for 10 mins. on low medium flame.
- Add sugar and cook for 5 mins.
- Add coconut powder and stir for 2 mins.
- Add milk, dry fruits and elachi powder and mix well and leave for 4 mins..
- Switch off the flame. Serve.