Usirikayalu / Amla whole – 1 kg
Salt – 250 gm
Lemon juice - 15
Red chilli powder – 125 gm
Mustard powder – 75 gm
Methi powder – 25 gm
Oil - to fry + for tempering
Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Hing – ½ tsp
Red chillies - 8
- Wash, clean and dry the amlas.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the amlas on high medium flame. It may take 5 -8 mins.
- Remove it from oil. Just press the amlas once.
- Add ¼ cup oil to another pan, add red chilli powder, salt, mustard powder and methi powder. Mix well. Add lemon juice and mix well. Add fried amlas and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it. Cool it. Add this tempering to the amla pickle. Transfer it to an air tight container.